Read the case study entitled “Big Data and Disease Prevention” then answer the following questions:
1. What was the goal in the case?
2. What data did the organization use? How was it gathered? Cleansed?
3. How was Big Data applied? What types of analysis were used?
4. Was the project a “success”? Why or why not?
5. How should the success/failure of the project be measured?
6. What visualizations you would have recommended?
Cases must be written using APA style guide (APA cover sheet, citations/references):
1. Claims and/or POV supported with evidence (sources) and/or logic
2. Quality of writing (spelling, grammar, succinct yet thorough)
3. Content not to exceed 2 double-spaced pages (excluding cover sheet, tables and figures, and references page) with Times New Roman, 12-point font.
Resources for the Assessment
- Barrett, M., Humblet, O., Hiatt, R., & Adler, N. (September, 2013). Big Data and disease prevention: From quantified self to quantified communities. Big Data. PDF available here (Links to an external site.).