ARTICLE: THE CASE FOR REPARATIONS
READ THIS ARTICLES FROM THE ATLANTIC MAGAZINE
- JUST CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO READ THE ARTICLE. WATCH THE VIDEO CLIP, AND THE INTERACTIVE MAP.
- YOU CAN SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE ON THE ARTICLE TO LISTEN TO THE AUDIO VERSION OF THIS ARTICLE
- First summarize the article (4-5 paragraphs)
- Identify the key issues discussed in the article
- Which insights do they provide on race, racism and ethnic relations and human rights in America (The United States)?
- What are your key takeaways from the article? Do you agree with the author’s contentions?
- Applying the major sociological theories (functionalism, Conflict, Symbolic interactionism) covered so far in this class, how would you explain the key issues discussed in the article? And, why?
- Which solutions would you propose towards reducing or eliminating inequalities, discrimination and prejudice in cultures, the U.S. in particular?
- How do you see the future of the U.S. with regard to the issues raised in the article?
- For this assignment, do not exceed 3 and half pages.