Citations and Works Cited: Use parenthetical citations including lecture date or page number as is appropriate (Magagna Lecture DATE; Yao 2002 at 14). Works cited pages are not necessary unless citing material other than lectures or books listed in the syllabus’s required reading section. You may cite one source from outside class a maximum of two times.
Topics: Please choose one of the following topics.
- Compare and contrast western and East Asian systems of law and justice
- explain Confucian moral theory a practice explain the five constant virtues and the concept of ren
- explain Confucian political economy and its lasting legacies
- explain Confucian law
- explain Confucian ritual theory
- explain the characteristics of modernity and apply them to Confucian East Asia