Discussion 1: Frankenstein
1.What narrative techniques does Mary Shelley incorporate into the beginning of this book?
2.This book was actually written in 1818, but it is considered the first science fiction novel. What makes this story so influential?
3. What important questions are asked in the book?
Discussion 2: Nightfall
1. What important questions does this short story pose?
2. How does Asimov build suspense?
3. What makes this story so plausible and relatable?
4. What is your favorite thing about the story?
5. How does the story meet the genre requirements of science fiction?