Please follow the instructions the link is in the instructions. If you have any question please ask me
RESEARCH ARTICLE SUMMARY & CRITIQUE
THE 51st ANNUAL PDK POLL OF THE PUBLIC ATTITUDES TOWARD THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Thoroughly read the latest (September 2019) 24-page report “Frustration in the Schools” (Teachers speak out on pay, funding, and feeling valued” and glean the key major findings. This was the 51st annual survey familiarize yourself with the methodology https://pdkpoll.org/methodology .
In a properly formatted paper (1 X 1 margins, double-spaced, left justification, 12-pitch standard font, with pagination, etc.), BOTH summarize and critique the research article commenting on both the quantitative and qualitative data.
Cite it using Langer Research Associates (2019) reported… OR (Langer Research Associates, (2019) and provide full reference at the very end.
- Have a general introduction and a conclusion.
- Use other level-one headers. Try to separate the summary from the actual critique.
- Try to be objective – avoid biasness, as this is the general public not professional educators.
- Use past tense when citing and no first (or 2nd person) pronouns.
- No bulleted items or lists or “block” quotes. (use an ellipsis … OR …. )
- You may bring in other outside scholarly sources (as long as they are current) to support your critique assertions.
- Paper should be about 3-4 pages of actual content.
INTRODUCTION (general introduction with purpose statement) _____ 10%
SUMMARY (of journal article’s main points or research findings) _____ 35%
CRITIQUE (of journal article’s data collection & research process) _____ 30%
CONCLUSION (conclusion that summarizes) _____ 10%
REFERENCE (full bibliographic information of journal article) _____ 10%
FORMAT (margination, pagination; citations; references; headers;
gender-biased language, etc.) _____ 5%
Percentage Point _____ 100
Total Points (out of 20)