- GRADING OF THE CASE paper
Each question is worth 5 points and is graded individually. EACH QUESTION SHOULD BE ANSWERED IN 2 PARAGRAPHS.
- Sources must be cited, USE AT LEAST 2 OUTSIDE SOURCES. (this included a reference page) in your answers or will receive automatic 0.
5 points for thorough, complete, correct, detailed, insightful answer. Examples from the case are given to illustrate you points. Questions are listed. Sources cited in APA format (this means in-text citations and a reference page). This includes the text where the case studies are as well as your textbook if you use that.
4-3 points for correct, thorough answer. Maybe missing some details or insights or questions not listed. Sources not complete.
2-1 point for cursory, brief answer lacking in some detail. Incomplete in some fashion.
0 for unanswered or incorrectly answered question or no sources cited.
*You should use APA format for your paper. IF you are not familiar with APA format- look under “how do I?” and you will see a link to APA format.
**I repeat: Be sure to cite all sources!
1. What special challenges does anorexia nervosa pose for family relationships?
How does it affect patients in their roles as children, spouses, and parents?
2. What does anorexia nervosa have in common with substance-abuse disorders?
3. A lot of research has focused on the role of the media and standards of beauty
and the thin ideal in the etiology of anorexia nervosa. Do you think these fac-
tors are improving or worsening? Is there more or less pressure on adolescent
girls and young adult women today to be thin? What about pressures for
attractiveness on adolescent boys and young men?
4. No treatments have consistently been shown effective with adults with ano-
rexia nervosa. If you were a psychologist treating a college student with the
disorder, what treatment approach would you use? Why?
PLEASE LOOK AT BOOK PAGES 221-233 IN ORDER TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS (about anorexia)