we have chosen the AXA insurance company and the file has all the requirements.
Working as a group, you need to study one organization/company we choice ( AXA insurance company) and do a search pertaining to the topics on the ethical audit list.
1. Write an introduction –
(i)a brief discussion on the background of the company you have selected ;
(ii)a list of major players and changes in the organisation;
(iii)key recent changes (5years) in the industry your chosen company is located for the last 5 years
2. You need to study and discuss the company’s ethical audit in detail within your group.
A sample assessment questionnaire for the project follows:
Support by top management
-Has management established an ethical “tone at the top” by setting a good example of ethical conduct, providing positive and open communication, and supporting ethical conduct?
- -Is there a designated ethics officer or ethics contact?
- -Does the ethics code start with a statement from the CEO/President about his commitment to an ethical culture?
- -Does top management positively support the ethics hotline?
Incorporation of ethics at all levels of the organization
- -Are supervisors trained as contact points for ethics related questions?
- -Is ethics a focus during new employee training?
-Is ethics a focus during supplier selection? – Is ethics a focus during internal audits?
-Is an ethical culture ingrained in the organization’s brochures, materials, and website?
Components of an Ethics ProgramEthics Code
- -Does the organization have a written ethics code?
-Does the ethics code cover key elements, such as conflicts of interest, financial irregularities, and compliance to laws?
-For publicly traded companies, is the ethics code available publicly / on the company’s website
- -Do employees receive ethics training on a regular basis?
-Does ethics training incorporate the company’s ethics code?
- -Does the organization have an ethics hotline?
-Is the ethics hotline confidentiality and non-retaliation policy clearly conveyed to employees? – Does the organization provide ethics hotline information to employees and other shareholders via formats such as postings in break rooms and the company website?
-For publicly traded companies, is the “receipt, retention, and treatment” of ethics hotline reports regarding “questionable accounting or auditing matters” aligned with the Audit Committee
- -Is the importance of ethics communicated to all employees on a regular basis via formats such as organization newsletter articles and posters?
-Do the ethics articles cover topics that are interesting, engaging, and in pace with the times?
3. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that it is impossible to produce an acceptable report if you have not researched widely. Some have failed the assignment because of lack of sufficient research, so it is important to start work on it early.