Public health officials can play a huge part in disaster planning and emergency preparedness.
Evaluate your community or state disaster response plan. Ensure you:
- Identify nursing roles and responsibilities during each phase of disaster management. Consider:
- Evaluate your community or state’s plan for preparedness and disaster management:
- Does it include provisions for each phase of preparedness and disaster planning?
- Does it clearly account for community needs?
- Does the plan include evidence of thought beyond the written report?
- Is there evidence of a record-keeping system for resources, treatment, and identification of victims?
- Are there redundancies built into the plan if one option fails? Are backup plans in place?
- Analyze your community or state’s plan for addressing mass casualty situations.
Cite at least 1 peer-reviewed and 1 evidence-based reference.
Include APA-formatted citations and a references page.
Exception for presentations: Include a slide with APA-formatted references.
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 7- to 10-slide presentation
- 1- to 2-minute podcast
- 7- to 10-minute oral presentation
- 350- to 525-word paper
- Legal-sized infographic
- Another format approved by your instructor
Submit your assignment.
I live in Miami, Fl.