Under here are the 3 topics for the reflection paper. You can just choose one that you feel comfortable to write with.
The first Tuesday of November is traditionally an election day. While it is a Presidential election year, individuals are voting for an elected representative (e.g. Mayor, County Supervisor, City Council, School Board, House of Representatives, or Senate) or ballot measures affecting regional policies.
For this homework, please choose ONE of the options below and write a 3-4 page reflection paper (typed, 12pt font, double-spaced):
Option A: If there are candidates running in your local district, identify a candidate that you believe will have a positive impact on multicultural health issues for your district. In your paper, reflect upon the following questions:
- Who is the candidate, what is the elected position, and for which district/city?
- What type of multicultural health issues can this candidate positively impact in your area?
- Why and how did you base your belief that this candidate will positively affect multicultural health issues?
Option B: If there are local ballot measures up for vote, identify a ballot measure that you believe will have a positive or negative impact on multicultural health issues for your district. In your paper, reflect upon the following questions:
- What is the Ballot Measure and describe its purpose if passed?
- If passed, how do you believe this ballot measure will positively or negatively affect multicultural health issues for your district? Why? If not passed, what potential positive effects would the ballot measure have had on multicultural health in your district?
Option C: Imagine yourself as a candidate. In your paper, reflect upon the following questions:
- What position would you run for and why?
- If elected, what would be the first policy you would enact to address multicultural health in your jurisdiction? Be as descriptive as possible:
- What is the policy?
- Why is this policy important to you?
- Who would be affected by your policy?
- How would you implement it?
- What are some challenges you anticipate with implementing your policy?