The Business Team and Advisors
This Lab assignment requires you to complete the Team and Advisors section of your plan in LivePlan. This will be important not only for planning how to run the business, but also in terms of how much the help will cost.
(Note: Some requirements for this assignment do not have specific areas in LivePlan to address them. Once you have completed the areas that appear in LivePlan, you can download LivePlan as a Word document and then insert the other checklist items required in the Word document before submission.)
The following Course Outcome is assessed in this Lab assignment:
MT499-4: Assess the roles that structure, management, and leadership play in organizational performance.
MT499-6: Evaluate career skills in the field of business and management.
Access LivePlan by PaloAlto software®
The lab activities are designed to assist you in learning the outcomes of the course. The SmartBook activity tailors the concepts of the chapter to your needs. You can continue the activity to maximize your learning and receive the full 10 points per chapter. The lab Quiz is worth 30 points and can be repeated until your get all questions correct.
SmartBook Introduction Videos
- SmartBook Overview
- SmartBook Read Phase
- SmartBook Practice Phase
- SmartBook Recharge Phase
- SmartBook Reports
The following items are to be completed in McGraw-Connect:
- Unit 6 Lab – SmartBook Activity: Chapter 7
- Unit 6 Lab – SmartBook Activity: Chapter 8
- Unit 6 Lab Quiz
Checklist: Go to the Plan tab and select the Company and Mission, etc. on the left hand navigation and select both the Team and Advisors sections to complete the following
The concept of strategic planning can be as complex as we want to make it, but it is better to keep it simple, which is not so easy to do. Moving away from single business strategy into the world of multi-business strategy, you will need to consider many factors at the corporate level of strategy. In preparation for developing a strategic framework to increase competitive advantage for a multi-business company in the international marketplace.
Conduct research using your textbook and Library resources (Internet resources are unacceptable) as necessary to develop an understanding for strategic planning. Based on all of the strategy concepts you have learned in Chapters 1–8 in your textbook, share your understanding of developing a strategic framework for a business by meeting the following criteria:
- Explain what strategic planning is, and why it is important to a company by giving practical examples and using research.
- List the components of a strategic plan and explain the importance of each component in a strategic plan by giving practical examples and using research.
- Explain the differences in strategic planning for a single-business and a multi-business company.
- Explain the intricacies of strategic planning for businesses in the international marketplace by providing examples and using research.
- Explain why developing a strategic plan is easier than executing it.
- Use a minimum of three peer-reviewed, academic research resources (including your textbook) to substantiate your critical thinking, and to provide viable reasoning for your perspectives.
- Use APA style referencing format in your writing.
- Write in third person to communicate in this Discussion.
- Use a minimum of 500 words in your primary answer post.
- Use headings to segment the topics in your writing in order to create a flow of ideas for your reader.
Use as many concepts from Chapters 7 and 8 of your textbook to complete this Discussion Assignment as possible. In lieu of an Assignment Dropbox, this Discussion Board Assignment was developed for the purpose of knowledge sharing. You will post your Discussion Assignment essay by the end of Unit 6. You are not required to collaborate with your fellow learners on the Unit 6 Discussion Board. You will collaborate with one another about this strategy research in accordance with the instructions found on Unit 7 Discussion Board.
Essays posted to the Discussion Board beginning in Unit 7 will be considered late, and a penalty will be applied in accordance with the Purdue University Global late policy. You are expected to write unique perspectives on the subject of strategy, and its purpose in business. Refrain from committing plagiarism. It will not be tolerated. Your contributions must synthesize existing theories, concepts and principles, and must add value to the existing body of knowledge. The maximum number of direct quotes permitted in your writing is no more than two from scholarly, peer-reviewed resources.