The video is called “Lowell, the Continuing Revolution”
Display knowledge of the video by using examples and by demonstrating thoughtful and thorough analysis
Write in paragraph form.
Answer each of these questions thoroughly:
- Explain how Lowell began, the vision or goals of the owners, and why it grew.
- Who were the first workers at Lowell?
- How did the workforce and working conditions change over time? Why did the working conditions change?
- How did workers attempt to organize for better conditions and wages? Were these attempts a success? Why or why not?
- What was the importance of the river?
- The narrator of the video said looking back “Lowell took on the shape of America” and Lowell “reflects the continuing story of America”. Explain.