Assignment 1: Financial Research Report
Part 2 Due Week 9
Imagine that you are a financial manager researching investments foryour client. Think of a friend or a family member as a client. Defineher or his characteristics and goals such as an employee or employer,relatively young (less than 40 years) or close to retirement, havingsome savings/property, a risk taker or risk averter, etc. Next, useNexis Uni at the Strayer University library, located at Nexis Uni,click on “Company Dossier” to research the stock of any U.S. publiclytraded company that you may consider as an investment opportunity foryour client. Your investment should align with your client’s investmentgoals. (Note: Please ensure that you are able to findenough information about this company in order to complete thisassignment. You will create an appendix, in which you will insertrelated information.)
Your final financial research report will be 6 to 8 pages long and becompleted in two parts as noted below. This assignment requires you touse at least five quality academic resources and cover the followingtopics:
- Rationale for choosing the company in which to invest
- Ratio analysis
- Stock price analysis
Refer to the following resources to assist with completing your assignment:
Market and Company Information
Part 1 Due Week 7 (1 to 2 pages)
- Provide a rationale for the stock that you selected, indicating thesignificant economic, financial, and other factors that led you toconsider this stock.
- Suggest the primary reasons why the selected stock is asuitable investment for your client. Include a description of yourclient’s profile.
- Just list five resources you’ll use tocomplete this assignment and begin to build your reference list.Remember you must use at least five quality academic resources for thefinal assignment.
Part 2 Due Week 9 (6 to 8 pages including #1 and #2 from Part 1)
- Include your rationale, primary reasons for stock selection, andclient’s profile from Part 1, making any revisions based upon Part 1feedback if applicable.
- Select any ten financial ratios that you have learned about in the text. Analyze the past 3years of the selected financial ratios for the company; you may obtainthis information from the company’s financial statements. Determine thecompany’s financial health. (Note: Suggested ratios include, but are not limited to, current ratio, quick ratio, earnings per share, and price earnings ratio.)
- Based on your financial review, determine the risk level of thestock from your investor’s point of view. Indicate key strategies thatyou may use in order to minimize these perceived risks.
- Provide your recommendations of this stock as an investmentopportunity. Support your rationale with resources, such aspeer-reviewed articles, material from the Strayer University Library, and reviews by market analysts.
- Conduct a literature review and list at least five quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with1-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow theStrayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than otherStrayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWSdocumentation for details.
- Properly cite all sources.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment,the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and thedate. The cover page and the reference page are not included in therequired assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are as follows:
- Determine the suitability of an investment strategy that considers external risk factors and a literature review.
- Create investment recommendations based on research that includes the rationale and risk mitigation for the chosen strategies.
Focus on Literature review (must include)
Pay close attention to citations.