Successful Essays Need:
- An introduction with a hook, background information and a thesis that directly respond to my prompt. Remember your thesis must be in response to Comparative Analysis on Horgan and Wallace, and as such must inform your reader who is the more successful author.
- A minimum of 2 PIE body paragraphs with a clear Point that is an opinion, Information that is properly introduced quotes from the articles and Explanation that is thorough and connects the reader back to the point. These points should be based on two out of the four rhetorical strategies you have chosen to focus on for this essay. Remember that each body paragraph should have at least two pieces of information/explanation per paragraph. Consider either writing one paragraph on Horgan and one on Wallace if you are doing block format, or writing two paragraphs centered on two different points of comparison between between Horgan and Wallace, such as ethos and word choice or organization and pathos.
- Transitions to help the reader move through different paragraphs and examples.
- A conclusion that restates your thesis and provides a final thought.
- Do not worry about MLA formatting for this timed draft.
- You may chose to focus one of your body paragraphs as the Counterargument & Refutation paragraph, but this is not required for the first draft. (This is a requirement for the final draft.)