Conclusion and Abstract
Follow the directions below for the completion of the conclusion and abstract assignment for Unit VIII. If you have questions, please email your professor for assistance.
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to complete your academic argumentative research paper.
Description: In this assignment, you will first write your conclusion; then, you will write your abstract. The following components are requirements of the assignment:
- Conclusion (150-200 words):
- Revisit the controversy.
- Emphasize the seriousness of the controversy.
- Answer the “So what?” question.
- Suggest a general solution (optional).
- Call for awareness/action.
- Leave the reader with a final thought.
- Abstract (200 words or less): For this assignment, you may not exceed 200 words.
- Restatement of the controversy (one to two sentences)
- Your thesis (one sentence)
- Reasons (three to four sentences)
- Conclusion sentence (one sentence)
- Add the conclusion and abstract to the rest of your paper so that you are turning in a complete research paper. The paper should include all of the following components (in order):
- Title page
- Literature review
- Body paragraphs
- References page
Example: Click here to access a full version of the partial paper shared in the assignment instructions in Units VI and VII. This is a real student example. It is not a perfect example for all grammar, syntax, or APA, though it is in very good shape. The goal of viewing this example should be to see the overall structure and content.