Here I attached three research proposals, you can pick one of them and evaluate each of the following parts.
Please consider the following points when assessing the existing research proposal:
- Are the research aims well composed?
- Does the author describe clear and specific aims? Can you understand the aims?
- Is justification provided for the research?
- Does the author highlight in the introduction whether the research project will fill some gap in knowledge or add value of some sort? Is it apparent that the answer to the specific research question is not already known?
- Is the exploration of timing and sequencing of dissertation tasks sufficient?
- Does the author have a logical and clear plan in place for carrying out the research project? E.g. timeline, getting access to resources etc.
- Is the literature review coherent?
- Does the author cover give a good overview of the literature covering key theories and previous research? Doe the author organise the main points in a logical and clear way that is helpful for understanding the topic and the rationale for the research?
- Is there a true forensic critique of the academic literature?
- When discussing the literature does the author highlight the strengths and weakness of the work that has been done previously? Does the author highlight issues that are outstanding?
- Is there an adequate link between the literature content and the research aims?
- Is the literature that the author discusses directly relevant to the research aims? Is it clear that the literature has help the author to form their ideas, questions and approach?
- Has the student described how Research Methods and the Research Approach would be applied to the specific research context?
- Is there a clear description of the general research approach (design, sampling etc.) and does the author clearly communicate the logistics of how they will implement the study.
- Is there a convincing rationale for the choice of Research Methods made
- Does the author discuss why they think the chosen methodology is a good one for the purpose of answering their question?