- write a journal entry of what the student has learned from the current news of the week regarding American Government.
- The journal entry needs to provide the distraction story for the week AND what impactful news item was covered up or lacking in the news because of the distraction news item.
- Identify the distraction news item and explain the impactful news item with the relevance, consequences, and significance the impactful news item has on the U.S. and/or world
- There are usually several impactful news items lost in the coverage of the distraction story during a week’s time.
- Each news journal will be at least 750 words, not including the title and reference pages, for both the distraction and underreported news items.