Chapter 5 Case Study – Motivation
- It is often said that criminal justice employees are unmotivated. Comment on this assertion and discuss possible ways in which the motivational levels of criminal justice workers can be raised. In addition, what is the role of the leadership in criminal justice organizations in the motivation of their team members?
- Contact your local police chief or sheriff and discuss with them the issues related to motivation in their organization. What do these Leaders do to increase and maintain acceptable levels of motivation among their team members?
- Answer all of the questions listed in each case study.
- Incorporate 2 scholarly sources in your original threads, using proper APA formatting.
- Submit one thread of 500 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday of the module/week in which the forum is assigned.
- Submit at least two replies of 150 words each by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of the same module/week of the forum.
Responding to a classmate’s post requires both the addition of new ideas and analysis. A particular point made by the classmate must be addressed and built upon by your analysis in order to move the conversation forward. Thus, the response post is a rigorous assignment that requires you to build upon initial posts to develop deeper and more thorough discussion of the ideas introduced in the initial posts. As such, reply posts that merely affirm, restate or unprofessionally quarrel with the previous post(s) and fail to make a valuable, substantive contribution to the discussion will receive appropriate point deductions.