Research on Counselor and Client Safety
For this assignment:
- Locate a minimum of two current scholarly articles (published within the last 10 years from the professional literature) that address counselor safety and two articles that address client safety in counseling situations, for a total of four articles. Tip: You may need to look at multiple disciplines, such as counseling, social work, emergency and crisis journals, and so on.
- In your own words, evaluate the key points of the articles, such as the author’s recommendations, and describe the issues related to counselor and client safety.
- Evaluate the key elements of the risks to counselor and client safety associated with the types of crises you may work with in your community. Key elements of risk are discussed throughout crisis assessment in your textbook, such as assessing for lethality, determining if mental instability is present, or if substance use is involved.
- Discuss the procedures for identifying trauma and abuse and for reporting abuse when safety issues arise for the counselor or the client.
Note: A template for your APA-formatted paper is included in the assignment Resources. Use the template to present the assignment criteria in an organized way. The headings guide you to the criteria, and the details that are included describe what is necessary to complete the assignment to a distinguished degree.
- Content: Prepare a comprehensive paper that includes all sections described above.
- Components: The paper must include a title page, abstract, and reference list.
- Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the project and do not detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA guidelines for style and format.
- Number of pages: Use the Unit 7 Assignment Template linked in the Resources. The body of the paper should fall within 4–6 pages, excluding the title page, abstract, and reference list.
- Number of resources: Minimum of 4 current resources, published within the last 15 years.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.