Analyzing and Recommending Healthcare System Reform Options- Preparation for the Unit 7 Assignment- To prepare for this assignment:
- Review the Unit 6 readings in your Niles text: Chapter 14, pages 377–382, on International Healthcare Systems, Universal Healthcare Concepts, and Lessons To Be Learned from Other Healthcare Systems.
- Review the Unit 6 readings in your coursepack by Austin and Wetle (2017), Chapter 14, “International Health Care,” pages 238–243.
- Refer to the research you completed in the Unit 7 Studies on healthcare systems used in three other OECD member countries ( United States, France and one more).
- Use the work you did for the Unit 6 discussion, in which you compared and contrasted the U.S. healthcare system with the healthcare system of another country in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Instructions For this assignment, write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Compare the current U.S. healthcare system with healthcare systems used in two other OECD (France and another) countries, each of which uses a different system. Describe similarities and differences in structures, approaches, and concepts of the systems, taking into account political, economic, and consumer driven forces.
- Based on your research of other OECD member country systems, recommend and provide justification for changes you personally and professionally feel should be implemented in the reform efforts of the current U.S. healthcare system. You might include reform recommendations derived from one overall OECD member country system, or include approaches and aspects from various different systems.
- Describe how the changes you propose might impact a manager in your sector of the healthcare system and the change management skills that would be required to manage these changes (ER/Administrator). Explain how it will affect you, if was able to experience the changes. Going back to unit 6 discussion would you need to be able to manger these changes. (why something is or not working and how we could use something from one or both countries to improve our system).
- Submission Requirements
- Written communication: Writing should be clear and well organized, with no technical writing errors, as expected of a business professional.
- APA Style: Citations and references must be formatted using current APA style.
- Length of paper: 6–8 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding the title page and references page.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point