write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
The importance of trade continues to be a debated topic because the gains are not always quantifiable by those involved. Some would argue that due to a significant difference in wages and regulations, free trade is not always fair trade and that free trade agreements are used by companies to simply chase lower wages and fewer regulations. In the United States, this has been an ongoing debate in regard to both the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the normalized trade relationship with China. Take some time to read the following articles before beginning your post:
Based on what you have read, please address the following questions:
- Which do you feel is a better approach, free or fair trade, and why?
- Given the concept of comparative advantage, should we even be discussing free versus fair trade?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Drezner, D. W. (2006). U.S. trade strategy free versus fair. Council on Foreign Relations. Retrieved from www.cfr.org/content/publications/attachments/CPCTr…
Gillikin, J. (2017). Free trade vs. fair trade. Houston Chronicle. Retrieved from http://smallbusiness.chron.com/trade-vs-fair-trade…