This week you will provide an overview of the stock market and evaluate its past performance. Your discussion should include:
- The structure of the stock market and how it operates
- How transactions are conducted in the stock market
- Securities that could be bought or sold in the stock market
- Other available financial instruments besides stocks
- How they are used
Evaluation of Overall Stock Market Performance Using the Main Indexes:
- Compare and contrast the three major stock market indexes (i.e. Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and NASDAQ Composite).
- Graph the performance of indexes from 1996 to present.
- Analyze the trends and explain the major events from 1996.
- Discuss the overall economic outlook and analysts’ forecast of the stock market.
- What are the factors that affect how the stock market performs?
- Where do you see the stock market going over the next three months? One year? Three years?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be two or three pages in length for the analysis and explanations
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.)
- Include graphs and Excel spreadsheets; these spreadsheets should be embedded in the Word document as an appendix after your analysis and explanations
- Include a minimum of three credible references.
See the Embedding Instructions for instructions on how to embed an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document.