Career Implications Presentation
The goal of this discussion is to give you the opportunity to reflect on what you learned from an interview with a professional in the field and to share what you learned with your peers by preparing a PowerPoint presentation. As you prepare your presentation, reflect on the following questions: Transcript is attached
- Did you hear anything that surprised you?
- Do you see a need to modify your career plan?
- Is this still a career track you want to pursue? Why or why not? Answer is yes
- To what extent has your perspective changed as a result of this interview and your reflection on what you learned?
Use the Professional Interview Template in the Resources to organize what you learned from the interview:
- Title slide (slide 1).
- Person interviewed (slide 2).
- Job responsibilities (slide 3).
- Customers or clients (slide 4).
- Challenges faced.
- Collaboration with other groups (slide 5).
- Challenges in collaboration (slide 6).
- Professional outlook.
- Future of this type of career (slide 7).
- Suggestions for preparation (slide 8).
- Opportunities (slide 9).
- Conclusions: Relationship to your interests (slide 10).
- References: If you refer to any readings or research in your post or in your PowerPoint, add a final slide for your APA-formatted references for those sources (slide 11). This slide may not be applicable to you if you did not refer to readings or research.
Create your discussion post in two parts:
- A single paragraph (2–4 sentences) summarizing factual information: who you interviewed, what he or she does, and why you chose that person.
- A brief PowerPoint presentation of no more than 10 slides (11 if you have references) in which you summarize the key points discussed in your interview. The Professional Interview Template in the Resources has example information to give you an idea of how to fill in your own information.