In preparation for your research, select an individual currently in a leadership position. The person must be responsible in some capacity for other employees, and the person must be an individual that can be researched.
In your overview of the leader, include:
- The leader’s name and title.
- His or her specific role or position and responsibilities.
- The name, industry, and description of the organization, including the culture of the organization.
- The length of time the leader has been in his or her current position.
- A brief history of the leader’s background and career path to his or her present day leadership position.
Your analysis should:
- Describe, assess, and analyze the person’s leadership style. Be sure to provide specific examples.
- Identify and describe three significant challenges they faced as a leader.
- Identify and describe their greatest achievement, to date, as a leader.
- Apply and correctly cite a minimum of three leadership concepts from the course to this leader’s roles and responsibilities within the organization, their relationships with others, etc.
- Use these concepts to help describe the person’s leadership style and assess what makes it effective or ineffective.
- Reflect on what you learned about leadership from your research.
- Reflect on the implications for your personal leadership style.
Writing the Final Paper:
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment