The Directorof Operations has asked the team to prepare a memo presenting ashort diagnosis of the recent problems that the introduction of newtechnology has caused in the packaging department. “It is important,”she says to you, “to get to the bottom of the problems to improveefficiency within the department and the company. We must contain thesource.”
In this memo you will address the following ideas:
- the methods of collecting data for OD analysis
- the conclusions are drawn from the data
- a complete statement of the diagnosis
Inorder to help produce a well-developed memo you have decided to callyour team together, your classmates, to brainstorm ideas from which youcan choose to complete the memo. Brainstorming is a technique that seeksto collect a myriad of ideas about a problem in an effort to find aunique and often innovative way of handling the solution.
- The memo needs to be 3-4 pages in length.
- Third-personwriting is required. Third-person means that there are no words suchas “I, me, my, we, or us” (first-person writing), nor is there use of“you or your” (second-person writing). If uncertain how to write in thethird person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so you are expected NOT to use contractions in writing this assignment.
- Include tables, charts, clipart, etc. for data and to visualize your strategies.
- You are expected to paraphrase, which can be learned by reviewing this link: https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_paraphrase2.html.
- You may not use books as source material.
- All in-text citations should provide the page number or paragraph number.