Since the attacks on September 11, 2001, the future complexity of terrorism has become quite ambiguous. Subsequently, counter-terrorism strategies have evolved to address terrorist attacks of any form against the United States. For your Final Paper, you must address the following points:
- Decide whether international or domestic terrorism currently constitutes the greatest threat to the United States.
- Use historic, cultural, and diversity aspects to support your conclusion.
- Summarize some of the strategies the United States can utilize to prevent future terrorist attacks.
- Assess whether socio-economic strategies can be utilized to eliminate the motivation of terrorist groups or if military action is the only viable response to terrorists.
- Use historic, cultural, and diversity aspects of the terrorist populations to support your conclusion.
- Evaluate if future legislation or constitutional amendments could be utilized to hinder possible terrorist attacks.
- Analyze if additional powers are needed by the federal government to protect the country from terrorist attacks.
- Evaluate if the increasing of governmental powers is worth the potential erosion of civil liberties.
- Infer what the future of terrorism is and whether the frequency of attacks will increase or decrease over time.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly resources (including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library) other than the textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.